Skip to main content

 I learned this morning that the church is tearing out the pioneer era murals of the Salt Lake and Manti Temples and getting rid of the live endowment. Words can't adequately express how heartbroken and angry I am. It hurts that the church clings to homophobia, racism and misogyny in the name of "tradition" while throwing the most beautiful and unique parts of our heritage in the garbage for the sake of "familiarity"

I know when compared to how vicious the church can be for those who aren't a straight white man living in suburban utah this is really small and I know there are so many worse things happening in the world today but this hurt me in a way I was not expecting. I think it is emblematic of how the church seems to want nothing more than to alienate and reject anyone who does not fit into a very narrow definition of what it is to be a Latter-Day Saint.

Anyway my friend Camilla said all this better than me anyway so you should just read her post here

Comments