Skip to main content

I have one youtube video that has over 500,000 views (I don’t recommend this) and occasionally I go through the comments to make sure there’s nothing too bad or crazy there. For context it's me playing a song from the dnd podcast "The Adventure Zone" on a carillon (bell tower) from when I was on my study abroad in Jerusalem. Initially only people who knew the podcast seemed to be encountering it but at this point the algorithm seems to be recommending it to lots more people.

Here is the summation of the comments (from most to least common):

-75% "do megalovania" where half the time they can't even spell megalovania right (I hate this comment btw bc 1. I don't have access to a carillon anymore so I can't but even more 2. how would you even pLAY megalovania on something like a carillon where you have to be slow. There were also a few comments telling me to play other songs but I'll lump them in here)

-you guys looks like the brother and sister in jurassic park (this one is new, I'm the brother btw)

-look at how that little man smashes the paddles so hard (I'm the little man. FWIW I'm in fact wearing a dress in the vid)

-you're playing the carillon wrong/those bells are out of tune

-I don't like the way this sounds

-people referencing the crusades/shouting deus vult (I'm pretty sure this is a white supremacist thing so I delete those comments)

-people arguing about the Israel/Palestinian conflict

-2% people familiar with the podcast who are what I would say is the actual target audience of this vid (and I should say these people and the other TAZ fans are always so so lovely in the comments, they def make up for all the rest)


And this is why I could never be a professional youtuber.

Comments