Skip to main content

BIRTHWEEK 2020

It's that week again! Dane and I have birthdays that are two days (and three years) apart so when that weeks rolls around we go hard celebrating. Unsurprisingly, this year's celebrations have been a bit more mellow. I will chronicle them below, they are about 87% food related

Here's a bunch of pics of food we ate:

Got this from the store at a whim and it was VERY GOOD

during our long and painful hike last week we started semi deliriously fantasizing about the amazing smoothy we were going to make when we got home and decided this would be the birthweek kickoff. Here's what was in it to the best of my remembrance: watermelon sherbet (with chocolate chips!), three strawberries, one can of smart n final knock off lacroix (cran-raspberry flavor), powdered lemonade and a little vanilla ice cream for good measure. It really lived up to our delirium for better or worse

For my birthday we did Dane's meal because he wanted to order out and we figured Thursdays are less busy than Saturdays. We got some Peruvian food and as a treat we had it delivered (normally we pick up ourselves). It was so good I didn't have time to take a picture of it before it was all gone. For dessert though we did my request which was this chocolate mousse pie that is so rich and powerful you know it will be first on the chopping block when the proletariat seize the means of production. We did have some, uh, mishaps but it all turned out ok in the end.


For Dane's birthday we did my meal which is this Coconut Gochujang Chicken from NYT cooking (behind a paywall after a 30 day trial so if you really want the recipe and don't have an NYT subscription hmu). It is so easy to make and so so good. Seriously up there as one of my top fave meals of all time. Dane made his dessert of lemon passion fruit cookies (will update with link once I get it from Dane, I know he made some of his own modifications as well but I'm not sure what they were other than adding passion fruit). We also made some limeade using more of that Smart & Final knock off Lacroix (this time orange flavor) and WOW. 10/10 would recommend. It's extra powerful because if you don't drink it all at once and the fizzy goes away, you still have limeade which is still great.



really getting the most out of my phone camera's "food" filter this week

Along w that there were some presents. Highlights include two board games (Pandemic and Dead of Winter which are both thematically on point for 2020), and the book Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast 

We also watched Lawrence of Arabia for the first time, though that was a little birthweek agnostic. It was.......ok? There were parts of it that I liked but the second half was a bit bonkers to me (and let's not even get into all the orientalism/brown face 😳). That said it's beautifully shot and I can see why it was so influential and so much of cinema and sci fi (and weirdly...Frozen?? idek man).

Ok I think that's it for me tune in next year when we are hopefully allowed to actually leave our apartment to celebrate our birthdays.

Oh, the ward did a talent show on the night of my birth which I did not attend but they asked me to contribute so I made this video of me singing that you can watch/listen to here. I did it in one take and haven't really practised in months and it shows but whatever.


WWWWWWWWWAAAAAITTTTTT

I forgot about the CEREAL

Dane loves weird cereal so we had some here are my grades:





Comments