Skip to main content

Condensation // 3

welcome to 2020
California MMXX    

hope everyone is staying safe and staying cool. It's been miserably hot all week here in LA. Dane and I went hiking at Mt. Baldy to get away from the heat which was successful, but it was a VERY STRENUOUS 11 miles and today my legs are jelly. Here's what else I've been up to, aside from melting:

Electioneering

Big week for election stuff! I watched most of the DNC for the first time in my life. It gave me BIG General Conference vibes (which is probably in large part because of the virtual format). While it was a little hit and miss, it was overall well done. Highlights for me included personal stories of actual human beings, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and of course Michelle Obama's incredible speech (Barak's was quite good too). Lowlights includes all the awkward zoom claps and having to hear Pete Buttigieg talk with his mouth.

‘The President Was Not Encouraging’: What Obama Really Thought About Biden - Politico, "Behind the friendship was a more complicated relationship, which now drives the former vice president to prove his partner wrong."
 

The Daily Show made these two videos and both of them are just chefs kiss. If you didn't watch any of the convention just watch these two and you'll be good to go

 

Listening

I'm kind of tired of podcasts and the music I have access to at work (ugh loNG STORY) so I've been listening to 9 beet stretch overlaid with LAX ATC
 
Edit to add one little thing that I learned this week and that I love:
 
 
I guess that's about it for me, coming up next: BIRTH WEEK

Comments